At any time of the day, whether we are adolescent or adult, we are at work or at home, our brain uses a whole range of sophisticated skills that we know under the name "CONGITIEVE FUNCTIONS".
They are considered as the intellectual functions and can be divided into 4 categories:
- The receptive functions, which are responsible for acquiring, processing, classifying and integrating information.
- Memory and learning, which are responsible for storing and remembering information.
- Thinking or reasoning about mental organization and reorganization of information.
- The expressive features, which are responsible for communication or action.
Some occasional omissions (such as forgetting keys, an appointment, someone's name) are normal at all ages and are generally due to inattention. In addition, it is normal for the age weaken our cognitive performance.
Certain plants can help maintain normal cognitive functions.
The Ginkgo biloba helps to:
- a good memory and the protection of the cognitive functions (for example, drawing attention for a short period, and during times of stress).
- normal circulation. It is connected to the mental performance and responsiveness.
- memorizing and remembering certain facts.
- maintaining a good balance of the nerves and the mind.
L'Hyperzia serrata, a species of wolf claw, helps maintain a general mental functioning.