25 micrograms = 1000 IU
Vitamin D is synthetically produced by the skin under the influence of UVB-radiation from the sun. From April to October, one should try as many of the beneficial effects of the sun enjoy by doing as much as possible buitenacitviteiten.
But in our regions the sun is not always present. One can get vitamin D from foods that contain this vitamin: oily fish, egg yolk and liver.
Certain age groups have much in need of extra vitamin D:
The vitamin D content is very important to adolescents as it plays an essential role in the securing of calcium. The peak of production of bone mass is in fact achieved when we are 20, so that the firmness of our system is determined. Nowadays young people prefer indoor activities (PC, video games, etc.) and they do not often think of physical outdoor activities that promote skin synthesis and the production of vitamin D.
- People who stay in nursing homes or very old people who get little out
- People with dark or black skin
Vitamin D contains multiple physiological activities. It contributes to:
- The absorption and utilization of calcium and phosphorus (2 important minerals for the composition of the bones)
- A normal calcium content
- Maintaining a good bone structure
- Maintaining proper muscle function
- Maintaining good teeth
- The functioning of the immune system
In addition, vitamin D plays a role in the process of cell division.
Given the important role of vitamin D and the lack of sun in our regions, Ortho Bio D3 contributes harmoniously to a healthy and balanced life hygiene.