10 ug = 400 IU = 200% RDA of vitamin D3
Vitamin D is produced synthetically through the skin under the influence of UVB radiation from the sun. From April to October, one needs as many of the beneficial effects of the sun trying to enjoy by doing much as possible. Buitenacitviteiten
But in our regions the sun is not always present. One can get vitamin D from foods that contain the vitamin: oily fish, egg yolk and liver.
Certain age groups have a lot of extra need for vitamin D:
The vitamin D content is very important for adolescents because it plays a vital role in securing calcium. The peak of production of bone mass is in fact achieved when we are 20, so that the firmness of our system is determined. Nowadays, young people prefer indoor activities (PC, video games, etc..) And they do not often physical outdoor activities that promote skin synthesis and the production of vitamin D.
- People who stay in homes or very old people who have little time outdoors
- People with dark or black skin
Vitamin D has multiple physiological effects. It contributes to:
- The absorption and utilization of calcium and phosphorus (2 important minerals for the composition of the bones),
- Normal calcium levels
- Maintaining a good bone structure
- Maintaining proper muscle function
- Maintaining good teeth
- The functioning of the immune system
In addition, vitamin D plays a role in the process of cell division.
Given the important role of vitamin D and lack of sunshine in our regions, contributes Ortho Bio D3 harmoniously to a healthy and balanced life hygiene.